Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012 is dead and gone, 2013 is here to ROCK!

It's a new year so I felt it was time to make some new changes around here.

2012 was an eventful year. We started off with a bang. Business was booming, I had 2 jobs and the kids were involved in everything! We decided to slow things down a little at the beginning of summer. I quit my second job and went full time with the photography business. It was amazing! I couldn't have asked for better clients and friends.

In August my business was growing bigger than I could have imagined and we outgrew our little boutique downtown. We moved to a much larger place and had room to spread our wings! Unfortunately, some trials hit our family and sadly in November I had to close the studio.

Since then I've been converting a room in my home into the studio and making some major changes to my business! I have also started working for the school again. Which is a blessing because I get to spend time with the kids again :)

What are these new changes I keep talking about? Well, while I might be excited about them, I know a few people are going to taken back. Please understand that these changes HAD to be made. And let me explain why after I tell you what they are.

#1. Most importantly, retainers are required to book ALL and ANY sessions! Retainers are due within 3 days of booking, any not received will result in the booking being cancelled and date reopened. Remainder is due at the time of your appt and a 10% late fee of the total session fee will be applied if not paid at appt.

#2. New session and wedding prices. You will find them under the designated tabs at the top of this page.

#3. All bookings or events will require a signed contract. Contracts will be emailed to you upon booking and need to be returned within 3 days or with your retainer fee.

#4. The new studio is in my home. Please show respect and still treat it as you would any other business. The indoor studio will be reserved for children or very small families.

#5. Specials and discounts can not be combined anymore. And any referral credit you have can only be applied to full priced sessions. Referrals will only qualify AFTER they have booked and held their session.

#6. Deliveries, business calls, texts, facebook messages, and emails will be done at designated business times. Deliveries will be made on Tuesdays or Fridays between 8:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Pick ups can be done at my home any of the following times. Coorespondences will be made Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, and Sat between 8:30 and 6 p.m. I will be "closed" Sundays and Wednesdays.

#7. The most important one... I AM HUMAN! I make mistakes, I forget things, I like to have fun. I will do the best job I can possibly do, all I ask is that you remember this most important rule.

Explaination time...
     Okay, I've probably made a fair few people upset and shocked. Especially after you get done looking at my new prices. Each and every one of these rules are to protect and benefit both you and I. They are in result of good things and rough things that have happened over the last year. To give a little perspective, 3 weeks ago I was ready to put away my camera and close my photography business because of the stress and the way I was being treated/taken advantage of. Over the last 3 months I have been the sole income in our family and there were times I wasn't sure I was going to put food on the table because of cancelled appts. This is unfair not only to me but all my clients.
     The most shocking change is going to be my new pricing. My new session fees are quite a bit more than last however they include 4x6 printed proofs and order credit. You will see that the actual "session fee" only changed by $5. The retainer is 50% of this session fee and the remainder is due at the time of your appt. The printed proofs are for you to keep! This will allow you to take them home and share them with family and friends before deciding which ones to order. If your order is placed within 2 weeks of receiving your proofs, you will get a discount of 20% off. I do have another option for sessions. If you would like to, you are welcome to pay ONLY the session price at time of booking. The session cost is the SESSION FEE - ORDER CREDIT = SESSION COST. For example, Family session cost is only $25. You may pay only this to have your appt. You will not get any printed proofs nor any order credit at time of order. I also offer a 20% order discount if you DO NOT go this route. This option is available for family, couple, mini, newborn, and senior. And as always, there is no minimum order.
     Please understand that I am a person and that I do have feelings. If you have a question or issue with me, please talk to me. It's probably a missunderstanding. I will do my best to always do the same with you. And if you do need to speak with me, please remember my hours of business. Like everyone else, I need down time. If you send me a text at 10 p.m. when I'm sleeping "When will my pictures be ready" I may take it the wrong way and might respond at 6 a.m. while you are trying to sleep. If you respect my times, I will respect yours. I do my best to return every text, every message in a timely manner. Please be patient and if you haven't heard from me in an appropriate amount of time, I may have accidently overlooked it and need a light reminder.
     I look forward to working with each and every one of you again this year along with new clients. Thank you and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment